Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Revisiting the Past

As we speak I'm booking myself a past-life hypnosis session, not really knowing what to expect - trying not to get my expectations up too high. I'm not even sure if I believe in hypnosis, but I'm sure that I do believe in reincarnation and I know for sure that I've been around the block a few times.

I talk sometimes about the one little experiment I did in past-life regression... with a weird audio tape I got off the internet. With it, I "revisited" two very interesting lives (or at least I think I did - it was like being in a waking dream, so I hardly know what to make of it).

The first 'memory' I dug up I was as an old pioneer woman. It was very vivid. I was in the kitchen, sitting at the table, my daughter was cooking me food and my grandson was running around wildly. I fast-forwarded to my death, where I died peacefully in my bed, my grown daughter holding my hand.

I guess on some level I believe that each life we live does somehow contribute to who we are, what we're made of, what we can endure and what pushes our buttons. I think there are scars left over from previous lives that aren't quite healed. I think if we could at least get an idea as to what came before we might be able to choose differently for ourselves this time around... those who don't study the past are likely to repeat it, right?

I guess I'm applying those principles to myself. I'm kind of excited to see what came before. And I'm hoping that it's not all just a bunch of hooey.

No comments: