Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Trusting and Then Knowing

I've been having some adventures lately testing my own psychic waters. Part of the problem, I think, has always just been a trust issue. I don't trust my instincts, or at least I haven't in the past...

But lately this seems to be changing, and the more validation that comes my way, the more I trust.

Let's take the example of a couple weeks ago. I was sitting at work when out of the blue I 'felt' that a friend of mine was pregnant... and it soon became a knowing... and so I emailed her. She wrote me back to say that she was terribly busy and also pretty sure that she wasn't with child. Okay, so I was wrong. Or was I. I was slated to dine with another close friend that night who, the minute I saw her confessed that she was expecting. So I was right, just a little off about who it was...

I've been trying to trust those little intuitions as they come, but it gets a bit tricky sometimes when the ego gets in the way... you might want something to happen and that feeling can sometimes get in the way of the truth.

And so, I'm putting this one out there, because it's important to me that I be honest about my predictions. And a prediction isn't worth anything unless you put it out there for scrutiny.

So here's the story..

My sister-in-law is pregnant and desperate to deliver already. She, however, isn't due for another two weeks. She can't wait to meet her little man. I thought maybe I could help her by touching base with the little guy on the other side and asking him when he was planning on coming.

So I meditated, met up with my spirit guide Rose and asked if I could have a chat with my nephew. She brought him along and I asked when he was coming. He held up his hand in a peace sign, meaning two. I had a strong feeling that that meant 2 days.

*UPDATE* My sister-in-law is feeling a little funny in her lower abdomen... today might be the day (and really, if the baby comes anytime between today or tomorrow I'll get my validation!!)

**UPDATE** My sister-in-law has gone into labour and will be delivering on Valentine's Day. Her labour started exactly 2 days and 3 hours after my 'meet' with the little man on the other side. Hallelujah! Validation! And a nephew! Too exciting..

No comments: