Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spiritual Meme

I looked everywhere for a good Spiritual Meme, but there aren't really any. And since I was just dying to do one, I decided to make one up and tag everyone who reads this to copy and paste and put their own answers so we can share. Then, if you do it, please comment and let us know so we can check it out.

Astrological Sign?
Taurus with Sagittarius moon.

Chinese Astrological Sign?
Metal Rooster

What are you currently setting your intention on or praying for?
Spring! Just kidding... my intention is set on getting my proverbial ducks in a row and attracting the perfect house sometime this summer.

Who do you pray to?
I haven't ever really prayed, but I suppose when I need help or guidance I ask "The Universe".

Do you believe God created humans or humans evolved from primordial goo?
Ha ha. Both. I think it's all connected and that the Source, whatever we call it, is continually creating - and that evolution was part of this creative process. We are not the end of this process either.

What is your mantra?
If I'm being honest, it's probably "what's next?" because I'm always a million miles ahead of myself. But what I would want it to be is "love".

Do you believe in Sin?
I believe in free will - and I believe that although we come into our lives with best intentions, we get caught up in drama, or victimization, or anger or fear and we make bad choices. But I don't think we are punished for it in the hereafter. I think it's part of the learning process.

Do you believe in Evil?
I guess this goes hand in hand with the last question. I think there is a darkness out there that can envelop us if we let it in.  But I see a universal balance - if there is to be good, there likely has to be bad.

What do you do when you see 11:11?
I always either make a wish or give thanks when I can't think of a single thing to wish for because I have all I need.

Do you believe in Angels?
A couple years ago I might have scoffed and equated angels with UFOs. But lately I've been a little more mindful of dismissing something because of the label we've put on it. I believe in bodhisattvas (enlightened beings), and I suppose it would not be impossible for me to believe that there are higher energies, intelligent, guiding energies out there that some might deem to be 'angels'.

Do you believe in God? If so, what does God look like to you?
I believe in an organized, intelligent field of energy that we are born of and return to when we die. I believe we can access this field through meditation and dreams. If I had to give it a "face" I'd say my version of god looks like a mandala of buzzing energies.

Is there an aspect of your religion/belief that you haven't made up your mind about?
There's a lot I'm still mulling over. Not sure what I think about these "new ages" ringing in with crystal kids and indigos and the lot. I certainly want to believe... but haven't had direct experiential proof yet.

Is there a religion that you don't follow, but deeply respect or admire?
I admire a lot of different religions. I admire the Buddhist path, the epicness of Hinduism, the personal power of Wicca, and I'm deeply drawn to the esoteric and mystical branches of Judaism and Christianity.

Who has inspired you the most on your spiritual path?
There have been so many contributors along the way, beautiful clear people who've shared their thoughts and listened to mine with open minds. In the last few years Wayne Dyer has notably been the source of many little epiphanies.

In your opinion, what is the worst mistake we make, as a species?
I know it's the standard response but I'd say getting caught up in material games. I love my iPod, don't get me wrong, but I think we use money and possessions to fill holes that we ought to fill with with love and learning.

What is something you would like to believe, but don't?
Heaven, the way it's depicted in movies.

Do you believe in soul mates?
Yes, but I think we have more than one and they're not always romantic connections. I have several good friends I consider soul mates because being around them makes my heart buzz with happy vibrations.

Reincarnation or heaven?
Reincarnation, or rejoining of the field, depending on your energy's goals.

Best "ah ha!" moment/epiphany?
When my good friend, who had passed away months earlier, contacted me through my dreams - it really was a big moment for me. I woke up knowing things I had only theorized about before.

Required spiritual reading?
2150 A.D. My dad had a beaten up paperback copy of it and lent it to me. It's the best of spiritual idealism and has a lot of great thinking in it. I think the Celestine Prophecy also helped me at the right time.

If you could pick, in your final moments, what would your last words be?
"See you soon. Love you."

Advice for a lost soul?
Follow your bliss. Trust yourself.

A song that encapsulates your beliefs?
"All You Need Is Love" by the Beatles.


TAG! Your turn. Copy and paste - can't wait to read.

3 comments:

draagonfly said...

You want us to post that whole thing in the blog comments?!

Diana said...

Oh dear no! On your blog. I should have been a little more specific, huh?

Does this mean you're going to do it?! how exciting!

draagonfly said...

Ohhh... that makes a lot more sense! LOL