Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Who's Out There?


Exobiology is an interesting scientific pursuit. The crux of the research lies in finding life on other planets. But the life we're looking for is only physical - amino acids, building blocks, a fluid-based entity, carbon-based preferred?? It's all intriguing and arguably a noble cause.

But in a world where we don't even know the nature of our own existence, how can we possibly learn about others? And are there indeed forms of life we haven't allowed for?

I understand that this is where most staunch scientific types will start to roll their eyes or shake their heads (but who am I kidding, they don't read this blog!) - but what if we could prove, physically prove, life after death, or the limitless, undying energy or entities that occupy a different dimensional universe...

These are not beings that are based in the physical world. They aren't sacks of fluid. They don't reproduce (as far as I know)...

I know it doesn't count for much - but I had a very interesting dream back in January (you UFO fans might like this one).

I was in some kind of spaceship - "they" told me I had to go out "there" (meaning space) and handed me a breathing apparatus.

The minute I began breathing through it I was in space. Surrounded by blackness, except that I seemed to be traveling at light speed to a destination.

I approached a large planet - and surrounding the planet, TONS of spacecraft. I internally thought, wow, okay, I believe now (in E.Ts). It was an alien tailgate party of sorts. Weird.

But I quickly moved on - zooming through the universe, approaching and passing through huge, brilliantly colourful nebulae and clusters. And as I was zooming through space I got a little freaked out, because I kind of realized what was happening and I asked to go home. I asked for it to stop.

I HEARD (not just like you hear thoughts but a LOUD VOICE) saying something like 'deinitializing' and I couldn't wake up. I wanted to, but I was frozen. And suddenly in my head my mind was running through images of every bedroom I've ever had, like it was searching for the one I was currently in. It found it and I awoke.

And when I did - I considered for the first time maybe, that there really might be an entire community of physical beings out there who have achieved what we have not - interplanetary travel.

What do you think about the search for E.T.? Are we too limited in our definitions of "life"?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

opps...meant to put that in this space, not the other, lol.

We are too limited in our definitions of many concepts. Alas, until we physically "see" something else...the definition remains...."like us" *sighs*

draagonfly said...

Definitely we are too limited in our search for "other life." I have that thought every time I watch a program on one of the Discovery or Nat Geo channels that talks about it. Our scientists are wonderful and intelligent, but in my humble opinion, most would be too closed-minded to recognize another life form if their aura tripped over it. Not that I would know how to define it any better, but I assume in general that other beings occupy the same space we do, we just don't detect them (often) because they aren't defined by the same criteria we are.

Diana said...

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! Thanks for your comments guys!