Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Where Is The Internet?


Above: A visualization of the various routes through a portion of the Internet.


John Edward said something when he was on Oprah that has really stuck with me lately, been ringing in my ears and making me think.

John Edward is best known as a medium - who achieved notoriety doing "live readings" as part of a TV show "Crossing Over with John Edward". But I know him mostly as a teacher, one who has taught me, through his Audio Book Set how to contact my spirit guides and speak with my loved ones who have "crossed".

But the thing that has stayed with me is what he said when Oprah asked him where the other side was - where the spirits were that he communicated with. He laughed and said he had asked his guides the same question and their reply had been this: where is the internet?

Where is the internet.

I love it. To me, that's a way cooler (and more accessible) koan than "what is the sound of one hand clapping?"

What a perfect metaphor, with energy exchange, instant communication and the connection of all people - the internet as a representation of our limitless existence in this life and beyond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the internet... I think it comes from the fact that we are too damn logical to believe in 'collective memory'... Well there is more than one way to skin a cat they say ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok I had to comment again just because the word verification is 'unite'... Who knew?? :D

draagonfly said...

What a great question! I've always pictured the energy from those that have passed as melting back into the Whole, like how a drop of rain melts into the ocean, and when you're calling upon them to communicate, your intent pulls together those particular molecules that formed the energy of the person when they were here. But whaddo I know? LOL