Monday, August 13, 2007

Go With Your Gut!

A really great thing happened to me shortly after listening to John Edward's (the medium) audio book series on developing your psychic self: I started listening to my instincts. Not just listening, but trusting.

It's almost funny how often we don't trust our instincts. We second-guess ourselves until we're wrapped in confusion and directionless. But once you open yourself up to the universe, you have to be prepared to accept things, almost without doubt.

And then things start to get really interesting.

Like the fact that two weeks after my brother and his wife conceived, I knew she was pregnant. We hadn't spoken and they had been trying for almost a year - so there was no reason that on that particular day, riding the streetcar to work, that I would know that she was pregnant. Of course, the next time I spoke to my brother I urged him to have her test - and sure enough, I was right.

Lucky for me, these little things are starting to happen more and more frequently, and with it, my confidence is soaring as well. If I get a 'feeling' about something, I follow through. I trust it. I even say it out loud to someone, just so I can't trick myself later.

I think we're all just a little bit psychic (some more than others) but we've all stopped trusting ourselves. We've also stopped listening. But for those of us who can always use a little extra guidance, I think it's an amazing help to have that sixth sense.

In a way, it doesn't matter what the source is... But it is still something neat to think about. Is it coming from within, are you tuned into the collective unconscious - plugged into the mainframe? Or it is external sources, loved ones who have passed on whispering into your 'third ear'.

Well, whatever it is. I'm thankful for it. I'm especially thankful for it today.

No comments: