Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mr. Sandman



I have always been a vivid dreamer. As a child I suffered from terribly vivid nightmares, and to this day I continue to (on occasion) get held hostage by them.

I suppose being a vivid dreamer is both a blessing and a curse in that not only do I have horrific nightmares but I have the most beautiful and spectacularly healing ones as well. When it's good it's really good, when it's bad, it's well..

But from an early age I was encouraged (thanks dad) to take my dreams seriously, to look at them, analyze them and keep record of them. And I'm glad I did. Dreaming is the only time we are truly able to see into our subconscious and see what's going on.

Last night I dreamt that I was in a backyard pool. There was a boy on the pool deck making waves in the water for me. I walked into the wavy water and as I waded, hip-deep in the blue blue pool I noticed that the sky was on fire with the most beautiful sunset I had ever seen. I gave myself permission in that moment to be in the moment and to bask. And I did.

This was a particularly validating dream with my upcoming nuptials in mind. For not only am I deeply enjoying my current emotions of love, harmony and bliss (the water of the pool) but I'm basking in the moment and enjoying the moment. And although the sun is setting on my life as a young and single girl... it's a fiery and beautiful sunset that's worthy of celebration.

I do love dream work... I love helping people find out the meaning of their dreams too. If you want help decoding one, please send it in or comment!

No comments: