Friday, November 9, 2007

Little Bit of Magic

Today is the new moon - and a good time to cast spells or set intentions for those things you would like to draw into your life.

The general rule of thumb for casting and setting intention is that if you want to get rid of some aspect of your life that is unwanted, you 'cast' as the moon is waning (getting smaller) and by the time of the new moon it should be gone. If you want to attract something into your life, cast on or just after the new moon and watch as it sprinkles into your life in greater quantities as the moon fills up, climaxing on the full moon.

So ask yourself what it is that you would like to attract more of in your life and write it down on a piece of paper. Put it somewhere, under a mirror or a candle and set your intention of attraction. By the full moon it should be more plentiful in your life.

In general, I plan to set my intention on abundance. I find it's best to ask for blanket things rather than specifics.

For the single girls out there, an easy but effective spell/intention to do is to charge your perfume with intention.

Back before I met my husband, I set my intention on a full bottle of perfume. I said that before the perfume was finished I would meet the man of my dreams. Every morning, as I sprayed it on I was reminded of my intention, and calmed by the knowing that it would be so - but that it would take time. No one goes through a bottle of perfume in a day.

Sure enough, I was about 2/3 done the bottle when I met B. The rest is history.

And that, my friends, is a little bit of magic.

No comments: