Monday, November 5, 2007

Multi-Dimensional Dreams


My wonderful husband had downloaded hours and hours worth of Coast to Coast AM, a radio show that addresses esoteric topics of all kinds.

Since I was on the road yesterday, driving for 4 hours from Ottawa to Toronto we popped on a broadcast from September about dreaming.

It was a great guest speaker by the name of Robert Moss, who was promoting a new book The Three "Only" Things.

What I loved about listening to the broadcast was that it reminded me of a few dreaming experiences I had forgotten about, where I clearly tapped into something other than just my own subconscious.

Robert Moss was talking about the potential of visiting other dimensions, perhaps quantum dimensions, through our dreams. And although I remain mostly skeptical, I have to say that I have had vivid dreams of visits from passed love ones that I couldn't chalk up to subconscious reverie.

But I had another dream that is particularly convincing as an argument for the soul actually traveling to another place during dream state.

But before you say 'whoa' - you have to acknowledge that it is possible for energy to be in two places at once (in the quantum reality it's the status quo - see the Double-Slit Experiment).

My dream happened thusly. I was walking toward a tall apartment building. It was at least 25-30 floors and facing a big field. As I walked toward it a woman jumped off the 7th floor. I was aware of it, but unattached to the event and I continued to walk towards the building, eventually entering and heading up to my own apartment (because in my dream I lived there). I remember being spooked that I was in the same apartment building where someone had just jumped.

When I awoke I did my best to interpret it. Was I in some kind of crisis in life where some part of me felt like jumping off the balcony? I couldn't think of anything. I wasn't in any particular crisis mode. The dream bothered me for days because I couldn't find an interpretation that suited my current situation.

Days later, however, I was on the phone with a friend who lived in my building. We were talking about what a crappy neighbourhood we lived in. He casually asked if I had heard about that prostitute/drug addict in the building kitty-corner to ours. I said no. He told me "oh yeah, she jumped from the 7th story of the building". When I asked when it had happened... You can guess. It was almost to the hour of when I dreamt it.

Interesting, isn't it.

No comments: