Monday, May 26, 2008

Faith

I can feel myself shifting into a new set of priorities. Like a wave that's gently bringing me to a new shore, it's subtle and soothing and a calm movement that doesn't upset.

But even so, I'm fraught with nerves, and there's a whole lot of second-guessing involved. How do I know it's the right choice? How do I know that I won't look back and wish I hadn't made that decision? Am I playing it safe?

And then a voice comes to me, from a deeper place that reminds me and cradles me back into the wave in a warm and welcoming embrace. Have Faith, it says. And I smile and remember that I'm a believer in things like destiny and 'the path' and I know that everything happens for a reason. My doubting the process is a slap in the face to all of these things. It's me questioning the way the universe works, or trying to exert some last little bit of control over my life, despite the fact that I long ago realized that my control and my ego are more often holding me back than advancing my cause.

The biggest, bravest leaps I've taken have always been my best. Faith. Faith is taking that first step off the cliff, into the void, not knowing whether or not there will be anything there to catch you, but trusting in the process. Faith  and Trust.

Faith is love. It's a love of magic in the universe. It's a trust that everything we do is with purpose.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: