Friday, May 30, 2008

The truth

We forget. All the time. We forget our divine nature. We forget that everything is perfect and everything is right.

I have these moments, usually when I'm on a streetcar (I do my best thinking on my morning and evening commutes) when I click, I clue in, I remember that everything is okay. Every decision I've made or haven't made is perfect and in order with the universe. Everything that will happen, will be alright. Everything that has already happened only helped shape - but doesn't determine who I am. I am not what I do for a living. I am who I am - and I do what I do for a living.

I was reminded yesterday of the difference between being and doing. Those who believe that they are what they do are not being in the truest sense. They are simply doing. It's a mental math problem that I can only wrap my brain around for a few seconds at a time, but I like where it leads me. It leads me down a path where I am forced to ask "but who am I" and simultaneously forced to shut down all of my usual notions of self. I am not my age, my location, my marital status or my job. I am not my tax bracket, my gender or my name. I am so much more.

When we get past all of those descriptions - who are we?

That's when I get those little a-ha! moments. And I giggle. Because the truth is so simple, and so great.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: