Friday, May 16, 2008

Intuition


Most of my regular visitors know that I've been working pretty hard lately at developing my psychic intuition (and listening to it). And I think I'm now at the point where I'm open to impressions. They don't come at me all the time, and usually it's subtle but powerful.

Point in case: My best friend in Ottawa, 7 months pregnant. She's due May 28th. She and I start talking, she jokes that her husband thinks it'll be the 15th instead. It was like a microwave-esque DING! in my head. I said not only did I agree, but I would put money on it.

Beginning of the week, I checked in with her. She hadn't dropped yet and it didn't look like she would be having the baby this week. Tuesday her water broke. But the hospital sent her home. She went back on Wednesday and delivered her baby boy around 11:15pm Wednesday, May 14th.

I was off by 45 minutes.

Now this might not seem that impressive, but considering my recent streak of not only predicting birthdays, but knowing when friends and family are pregnant before they do... it would seem I've got a relatively clear channel, right??

Except for yesterday. Yesterday I was SURE I was going to hear back about a job I applied for. I was CERTAIN. Certain like I was about the birthdays, certain like I was about my brother's wife being pregnant... CERTAIN. But nothing happened. No call, no email. And I'm a bit stunned.

I guess I "get" that we can't be right all the time - and that there are a lot of factors that come into play, like free will. Did something change? Did I change the event by knowing it was coming or was my desire for the event so powerful that I somehow convinced myself that it was true?

What tricky waters to navigate!

I guess I should let that be a lesson to me, though, that intuition can be fooled by the ego - that one can want something so much that one can convince themselves it will come to pass.

We'll see what happens, if anything. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: