Thursday, September 6, 2007

Human Potential

I'm reading a fantastic book right now by Lynne McTaggart called The Intention Experiment (see link on right). Along with her first book, The Field, it's a really good read for those of us who are both spiritually and scientifically minded.

What I love about this kind of research is that it's bridging the gap between science and spirituality. It's in fact proving that our consciousness influences the material world, that our very thoughts are capable of healing and affecting change.

I've always been fascinated by the potential of human beings towards extra-sensory perception and the hidden powers of the mind. I remember vividly as a child, concentrating as hard as I could, trying so very hard to make objects move using my mind. I'm not sure how it ever occurred to me that I should be able to do this, but it was like I knew I could, I just didn't know how.















Telekinesis, ESP, all things I've always thought are within reach of all of us, if only we knew how.

But now I'm so heartened by the multitude of scientists around the world who are proving that the mind is more than just a souped-up hard drive running an OS - it's somehow connected to everything else. They think perhaps this connection occurs over the Zero-point field, which, if the mind is the computer running on Windows, or even better, OS X, then the Zero-point field could very possibly be the internet - the aether everything is connected to - the place where information is freely exchanged and anything is knowable.

But as I read the Wiki entry for Zero-point field I see that this theory does not have the support of the general scientific community. And I sigh...

I guess it did take a while to convince the world that the Earth rotates around the Sun and not the other way around... But somebody really should have told this guy.

No comments: