Thursday, September 27, 2007

Stuck in the Muck


I've really tried my best to detach myself enough from things to coast through my 20s without any of that pesky "quarter-life crisis" stuff... And I thought I had mostly managed, until now.

I have to admit. Everything feels really up in the air right now. I feel stuck, like my foot's been slowly sinking into this quicksand and part of me has been like 'it's okay, it's supposed to happen like this' and I've been trying to wait it out, see if it gets better, if it magically lets go. But then somewhere along the way I started to get used to the comfort of the warm sand hugging my ankle. I started to forget where I was going before I got stuck. And then soon enough I had convinced myself that this was my destiny. I was destined to be here, stuck, because the universe had something to teach me, show me, throw my way.

And then, maybe just a couple days ago I woke up and remembered who I was before I got stuck. I felt a glimpse of the panic and the excitement of the journey, the unknowing, the confusion and the anticipation of the final destination. It made me want to get unstuck, but what then? I've been stuck so long I hardly know what to do with that much freedom. Being stuck is the known, the familiar. I don't know the world outside of my stuck-ness.

All of this to say that I need to schedule a face to face with my guides and figure out what I'm supposed to do with myself if I finally get around to pulling my leg out.

And really, any and all advice is extremely welcome. Please, you wise sages out there - tell me how you get unstuck.

1 comment:

yogi said...

hello lovely..
hmm. stuck eh? Being stuck is a beautiful thing, especially right about when you feel like you cannot breathe! It is at this moment that where you can assure yourself that relief, answers and "aha" moments will appear.. Through my own experiences in my spiritual journey, the more "stuck" you are the closer you become to your "truth"
much yogi love, g