Monday, September 24, 2007

Who were you?

Are you your great uncle reincarnated? No? Well I know someone who probably is his great uncle reincarnated. He was born with an inordinate amount of information about someone who had never existed in his life. His first experience of knowing this was when he first met his great aunt when he was young. She remarked at how much he resembled her late husband. And as she stroked his hair he began to tell her bits of information about this man he had never known. He described the street he lived on, strange oddities about his personality and nicknames that people used for him.

And, like many other children who talk about things that adults can't make sense of, he was promptly told to "stop it". He never spoke about such things again - but always remained drawn to pictures of his great uncle.

Can I say hands down that he is the reincarnation of that man? No, but I can say it sounds about right.

When my friend passed, I had a very nice chat with him via a very talented medium. He told me of his plans to reincarnate into the family he had just left. It validated the notion that we never really stray very far from family.

When I was young I had a very strong sense about some of my friends - like I had always known them. Like they were traveling with me.

And sure enough, I think we choose a lot of things about our rebirth - the wheres, hows and whos... I think we often reincarnate back into our 'circle' (as wide as that may be). I do not doubt that they are our circle on the other side as well. Like a (dare I say it) soul group of sorts.

How would that work? In that great big world - how would I recognize you from our last life together? Easy. Harmonics. (See my earlier post on this) From life to life you're probably singing the same tune - and a good friend would know that song from a mile away.

I was at a lovely family gathering yesterday, a celebration of my recent wedding... And as the old family photos got pulled out - grandparents who've passed, great aunts and uncles on the walls, I looked to the new baby in the room and wondered...

Here's a little laugh for those of you non-believers:

No comments: