Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ask


As much as I've been in control of stopping my nightmares in their tracks, I've also been having them almost every night for a week - and it was getting to the point that I'd wake up in the morning a little less than refreshed and frankly I was a bit tired of it.

Last night I did the only thing left in my repertoire. I asked for a break.

I know it sounds weird, but I think we forget a lot of the time that a lot can be done and gotten, simply by asking. But we don't ask a lot, do we. We might hope, we might expect... But rarely do we ASK for things that we really need.

So I asked for a break. Was I speaking to my subconscious, or a higher power? I couldn't tell you. I guess I was asking anyone or anything who would listen.

And I got it. Last night was a nightmare-free zone in my head.

So now I challenge you to think about it - what do you need that you haven't asked for?

No comments: