Thursday, October 25, 2007

Phenomenally Lame


I don't know how many of you tuned in for last night's premiere of "Phenomenon" but I have to say that I was SORELY disappointed.

The scoured the whole of the united states for people with psychic and/or magical talent and all they found were a couple lame illusionists?

It was old-school carnivale, parlour tricks at their best/worst. Worth maybe a dollar at a fair.

What a shame.

And really -seems like the whole thing is just another vehicle for "Mindfreak" Criss Angel. I don't think he went for two seconds without explaining how much better his tricks were - or how many thousands of tricks he had accomplished.

Yuck. I know there's better out there. Just curious as to why they chose to keep the show mediocre. Were they afraid they'd alienate the audience if they chose people with real talent who could TRULY blow your mind? Maybe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I tuned into that show last nite.. and I have to say, I am so not impressed with Chris Angel - it was like no one could top him - like he is the only "true" mentalist.. so cockey! In fact, if anyone tuned in, he picked a fight with one of the finalist, who claims the dead speak through his writing.. apparantly chris angel doesn't believe in this - perhaps a little "phenomenon envy" there chris??

Diana said...

Ha ha ha... that fight was so lame!! Totally staged. I can hear the producers pulling Criss aside and saying 'you know, a fight could really help our ratings... say something that'll piss off the contestant.'

Criss is so insecure.