Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Happy Return(s)?


I'm fascinated by my recent discovery of "Saturn Returns". I had heard the term a couple of times before during various astronomy readings and courses I've attended... but it never quite hit me that it was as powerful as I'm beginning to understand it is.

The all-knowing Wikipedia defines a Saturn Return as:
a regular astronomical occurrence relevant to the science of astrology to occur in a person's life at approximately 27–30 years of age and again around the age of 58–60, with the third and usually final occurrence around 86-88. The planet Saturn takes approximately 29.5 years to orbit the Sun; when it returns to the exact degree along the ecliptic it occupied at the time of a person's birth this is referred to as their "Saturn Return".
And it sure does explain some big changes in the lives of the people that I know. For one, I keep making fun of my husband's rather exciting 3 years (spanning 27-30 wouldn't you know)... He got up the courage to leave a toxic marriage, met me, married me and changed his job (twice) during his Saturn return. A lot of big changes in a small amount of time. And he's never been happier!

I am slowly (or not so slowly) approaching my Saturn return and already I feel the changes on the horizon. My parents are also approaching their Saturn returns. Will be interesting to see how that manifests.

The more I read, the more I'm beginning to understand the power of this marker. Through discussions with my father, who is "cracking the code to the universe" and attempting to understand the symphony of the spheres, I've come to believe that the planets really do affect us more than we will admit.

BUT - I wonder how a specific location of Saturn could affect us. If it has nothing to do with proximity, could it have something to do with frequency? Is the "sound" of Saturn at a particular angle or position meant to trigger some internal alarm clock? It would be interesting if it were indeed some kind of cosmic trigger... So that just in case you were completely ignoring your true calling and your heart's desire, Saturn comes around and kicks your ass back into the flow of your true purpose.

Please do comment if you know more about this. I'm very interested to hear how (and if) Saturn kicked your ass.

2 comments:

draagonfly said...

I must've compressed my entire Saturn Return into 6 months when I was 27 because other than those 6 months, I don't feel like the rest of those years were all that hard. In fact, I didn't care a whit when I turned 30. Thinking about 40 next year has been much harder. Is it possible to be 10 years late? I never did go by the clock much! LOL

In those 6 months, I had a rough start to Mark's and my relationship (but it prevailed), I moved cross country from AZ to PA to fix my relationship with my father (I read that fixing daddy issues is typical during a SR), ended up living with my mother in Georgia instead, then moved to New Jersey. After that, things evened out and have been fine ever since.

I'm having a harder time coordinating the move back across the country now from NJ to CA tho, and those challenges certainly feel like what they describe in a SR. Go figure!

Diana said...

Hahahaha... That's very interesting draagonfly. I have no doubt that it must feel like a Saturn return. I'm not much of an astrologer but maybe there are some other cosmic tides in action at the moment, making your current situation more of a challenge than you might like.

Or maybe Saturn stopped for a coffee somewhere along the way and is only now returning to square one.

Whatever it is, you'll get through it. I'm just trying to remind myself to trust. Trust, trust, trust. There is a plan. You just can't see it yet.