Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When God closes a door...

I'm sure you've heard the saying (and I'm probably hugely missaying it, but I think I got it from Sound of Music)... when God closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.

Today, that could not be more true. Some big doors closed today - and it seems just as many windows opened.

I'm not entirely sure whether to laugh, cry or scream... but I'm smiling and that's got to say something. Maybe I really am making progress with my faith in the universe - maybe I am finally trusting and allowing.

Because, you know, the universe works in mysterious ways - and we can't possibly understand it's ways until we come out the other side.


2 comments:

draagonfly said...

I've come to the conclusion that the Universe operates flawlessly, but it's a hard-won faith. I read somewhere that the only cause of stress is when our day planner doesn't match what's written on God's day planner. I take heart though in knowing that occasionally, later down the road, I get to find out why things happened the way they did, and it makes more sense. Other times I have to accept that I won't get to know, then I just chalk it up to something bigger than I can comprehend going on. That gives me the strength to turn around and look for those open windows though. :) Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Hey there :)

Some of my best experiences came immediately after a Door Closing experience....like a great big cosmic boot on the butt saying, "Get OUT of that comfort zone!" lol

Have fun exploring all those open windows :) And don't forget - if you decide to jump out of one, you'll either be caught...or learn how to fly...

Namaste!